We're a young family learning, growing and changing rapidly...

Thursday, January 22, 2009

In Love


Here is Hollis pushing her new stroller. Since her birthday is right after Christmas, we decided to let all of her loving and kind family members spoil her with lots of gifts. I think Neal and I got her two gifts total--one for Christmas and one for her Birthday. We just believe in keeping it simple, plus she's ONE she won't have hurt feelings if we don't get her gobs of gifts! 

I'm totally smitten with my daughter. She is SUCH a sweet, bright, funny, cute little girl. I LOVE seeing her learning new things--words, routines, how things work, cause and effect--she's also learning how to obey, and it's so scary as a mom to teach obedience! What is the perfect tone of voice? Am I really setting boundaries for things that are worthwhile or selfish? 

She was sick for the last two days and though it's the most horrible feeling to see your child sick, she cuddled with me a lot. She's usually too busy to cuddle, so I enjoyed every second of the cuddling.  

1 comment:

J and J McDowell said...

I completely understand the cuddling thing... my boys are way too busy to spend time in my lap! I hate when they are sick too, but it is so nice to have my arms full of those sweet boys!

She's a cutie! Glad to see you are all doing well... we miss seeing all our Eastside friends. We should have you all over for dinner soon.